How To Backup
Suposing that you want to backup a file that can be found at D:\data\bank.db .
In this case you can follow this steps:
1) Press "Create Backup" at file menu.
2) Choose drive D.
3) Select "data" directory.
4) Highlight "bank.db" and press button.
- In order to backup an entire directory structure, you can use the
- In order to save the selected files list for future backups, you can use the
5) Press button.
- In order to be sure that you are not duplicating file names, check the
option. This option is slower and safer.
6) Choose a destination drive and directory.
7) Write a file name ("NewName") with no extension.
8) Press button.
Note that the files with extensions ".bff" and ".red" are only usefull
together. Do not discard some of them.
Megs of storage: it depends on the media type. If you have a 1.44Mb
diskette, you can backup only 0.7Mb of your hard disk. If you have
a ZIP 100Mb you can backup 50Mb of your hard disk.
If you have a CDR 660Mb, you can backup 330Mb.
If you have a JAZ 1Gb, you can backup 500Mb.
- The maximum number of files to be recorded on a BFF file is 32000!
- There is NO multy volume option.
- For how long, data integrity: it depends on the media type and where
it is kept. Digital information needs to be regenerated
(recover the backup and make a new backup), after a long
- The first lost cluster is ALWAYS recovered. The second lost cluster
is recovered at the rate of 99.85% .( in a 1.44Mb disk)